Can’t find the support you’re looking for?
Our knives are crafted by one of the last remaining knifemakers in Sheffield, UK - the historic heart of the cutlery and knife industry.
We also make a limited range of forged knives in Somerset and Sakai, Japan.
STAINLESS KNIVES: Stainless steel was invented in Sheffield, so we use SF-100 high carbon stainless steel, named after the knife industrialist Samuel Fox. This gives the knives both a super sharp edge and great rust resistance. The steel is salvaged from a scrap yard making the blade almost entirely waste.
SOMERSET KNIVES: We use 52100 for our Somerset blades, which is a local British carbon steel.
SAKAI KNIVES: We use Aogami2 carbon steel. This is one of the best steels in the world.
The handles are made out of plastic heading to landfill. As a result, every handle has a different texture and pattern, telling a different story. No two handles are ever the same.
We want to make beautiful knives accessible for the home cook. We work towards a tighter margin because we are passionate about creating quality products at a more affordable price point.
Yes. We now have a standard range purchase whenever, but on top of this we will still be releasing limited edition batches every few months - sign up to our emails for all updates.
Inside each knife box we have a section on knife care, detailing the do's and don'ts for caring for your blade.
We recommend using a Japanese whetstone to sharpen your blade - a 1000/3000 or 1000/6000 combination stone from Shapton, King or Naniwa is a great choice. We are selling whetstones in our 'Accessories' tab.
Yes, whilst all handles have the same plastic 'recipe' going into them, they are all unique to each other. You will be the only one with that exact type of handle in the world!
In each box you will find a chefs recipe booklet, knife care instructions, a penny for good luck, a sticker and your knife! It is said to be bad lack when giving someone a knife so we give a penny to bring good luck.
Yes! Every batch we work with a different artist to tell the story of that batch. So far we've worked with Jack Fletcher (Batch 1), Darren Shaddick (Batch 2), Tess Smith-Roberts (Batch 3), Hel Covell (Batch 4) and Jordan Awan. If you are interested in working with us, please get in touch.
Last updated: 27/06/2023
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
To provide the Services, we collect and have collected over the past 12 months personal information about you from a variety of sources, as set out below. The information that we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the Services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
What Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depends on how you interact with our Site and use our Services. When we use the term "personal information", we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with you. The following sections describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email.
- Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Shopping information including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wishlist.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Information We Collect through Cookies
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Companies who support our Site and Services, such as Shopify.
- Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment in order to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Providing Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services in order to perform our contract with you, including to process your payments, fulfill your orders, to send notifications to you related to you account, purchases, returns, exchanges or other transactions, to create, maintain and otherwise manage your account, to arrange for shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges and to enable you to post reviews.
- Marketing and Advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail, and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal or malicious activity. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Communicating with you. We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests in order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship with you.
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available. Additionally, blocking Cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
How We Disclose Personal Information
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment and shipping).
- With business and marketing partners, including Shopify, to provide services and advertise to you. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- When you direct, request us or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship you products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including to respond to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We have, in the past 12 months disclosed the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information (denoted by *) about users for the purposes set out above in "How we Collect and Use your Personal Information" and "How we Disclose Personal Information":
- Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information
- Commercial information such as order information, shopping information and customer support information
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage Data
Categories of Recipients:
- Vendors and third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as Internet service providers, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners and data analytics providers)
- Business and marketing partners
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please note that we may transfer, store and process your personal information outside the country you live in, including the United States. Your personal information is also processed by staff and third party service providers and partners in these countries.
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe, we will rely on recognized transfer mechanisms like the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses, or any equivalent contracts issued by the relevant competent authority of the UK, as relevant, unless the data transfer is to a country that has been determined to provide an adequate level of protection.
For the purpose of applicable data protection laws, we are the data controller of your personal information. Our representative in the EEA and the UK is Hugo Worsley.
We are working with DHL and DPD for all deliveries.
Yes! We deliver everywhere. If we are missing a country, just let us know and we'll update the system.
Please see specific production delivery information on the product page. Kitchen knives take 14 working days to make and will arrive next day delivery in the UK. International varies depending on country and can take up to 3 weeks. Check your inbox regularly for updates on tracking information.
Yes, all knives are tracked. When you order is confirmed you will recieve a confirmation email with your tracking code. If there are any problems with delivery please get in touch with us directly.
This will go out to you in a confirmation email following your purchase.
Yes. All our packaging is 100% recycled material and it's all 100% recyclable.
Because we are a small company, you will need to pay for customs tax on our goods coming into your country.
Our head office is: Allday, 10B Stamford Works, Dalston, London, UK, N16 8JH.
Yes, we accept returns within 7 days of delivery, if the knife hasn't been used.
Because these cutlery knives are all made to order, we have used your purchase to buy the materials and begin manufacturing. We can only accept returns once you have received the cutlery. If the cutlery hasn't been used, you can return this within 7 days of receiving it.
Because we are a small business, we kindly ask you to pay for tracked postage of your returns. Please send the tracking code to us directly.
We check all the knives thoroughly before sending them to you. But if there are any damages to your knife, please get in touch with us within the first 24 hours and we can help.